Caring for your Copper
Copper is a versatile metal that reacts to your body when worn and becomes more beautiful and personal with time.
You can keep your new copper jewellery clean by occasionally washing it with lukewarm, soapy water and afterwards drying it with a soft cloth. You can also clean it by simply using a little copper polish on a soft cloth.
When not being worn, store your copper jewellery in plastic bags to keep it from tarnishing. If your copper jewellery should tarnish, you can clean it using a combination of salt and vinegar or by using lemons. A combination of salt and vinegar reduces oxidisation from copper. Simply pour a little vinegar and salt over the copper, rub it into the metal and keep rubbing to remove any tarnishing and grime. Rinse off with water and rub dry with a soft cloth.
Alternatively you can also clean tarnish off your copper jewellery with lemon juice. Cut a lemon in half, add a little salt to the lemon and rub over the copper until all tarnish is removed. Rinse with water and dry with a soft cloth.
Caring for Silver
Make sure your new silver beads and bracelets stay in beautiful condition and remember the following care tips:
1. When not wearing your silver bracelets, beads, earrings or rings, we recommend that you store them in an airtight bag to prevent oxidization. You can also store them in our Trollbeads stacking jewellery case.
2. If you wear silver beads on your gold chain, please be aware that the silver can deposit a slight tarnish. This can be easily removed by gently buffing the chain regularly and carefully with a silver-polishing cloth.
3. Gentle, regular buffing with a silver-polishing cloth will help to retain the luster in your Trollbeads - a simple way to keep them clean and sparkling.
4. Ensure that you follow our measuring guide to find the right bracelet size, to make sure that there is enough slack for new beads to be added without putting pressure on the lock.
Caring for your Glass Beads
Glass Trollbeads are each unique works of art. Even if yours has been created to one of the original Trollbeads designs - because they are each lovingly hand made each one looks slightly different. Follow our tips for caring for your original glass Trollbeads and they will stay looking luminous and beautiful for years to come.
1. Cleaning your glass Trollbeads
To clean glass Trollbeads we advise you gently buff with a soft lint-free cloth. Do not use any commercial cleaning products or fluids as these can contain peroxide and bleach that will damage your charm beads.
2. Keeping your glass Trollbeads dry
You should never swim whilst wearing your glass Trollbeads, especially in a chlorinated swimming pool. Never immerse them in hot water or seawater. This could damage the resin settings. That means taking them off when you're doing the washing up!
3. Avoid potentially harmful products
As a general rule we recommend that you avoid contact with perfumes, creams (including hand creams), soaps, cosmetics and hair lacquer, etc. As mentioned above, never allow your beads to come into contact with chemical detergents or bleach. This means putting your Trollbeads jewellery on as last that finishing touch when you've finished with all your beautifying lotions and potions.
With care, your glass Trollbeads will stay as bright and beautiful as the day you first added them to your collection. Trollbeads are each unique works of art to be enjoyed for a lifetime.